Template appointments typically last 1-2 hours, and will vary on the size & complexity of your job. The purpose of the template is to accurately measure your kitchen cabinets. Our technician will use laser equipment to record the exact dimensions of your cabinets to be used for fabricating your new countertops.
If you are purchasing new cabinets, all cabinets must be installed prior to template. If you have granite being installed in areas other than on cabinets, such as a bar top on a half wall, these areas must be completely built to be ready for template & installation.
If you are not replacing your cabinets, you do not need to remove your current countertops prior to your template appointment.
Prior to your template appointment, please ensure the kitchen is easy to access and the countertops are cleared off.
Prior to Template:
- All cabinets are installed.
- Any additional areas are built & prepped for template & install.
- All selections confirmed: stone color, sink, & faucet.
- Clear off current countertops.
- Farm sink must be installed prior to the template visit. Majestic Stone Imports does not install farm-style sinks.
- Sink information verified. If you are purchasing your own sink(s), it must be present for the template appointment.
- Faucet information verified. If you are purchasing your own faucet(s), it must be present for the template appointment.
- Location of faucet hole(s) verified.
- Location of reverse osmosis & soap dispenser holes verified if applicable.
- Seam location discussed.
- Additional supports discussed as needed.